You have many choices when it comes to selecting a dental professional to place your dental implants. From the internet to personal recommendations, you’re bombarded with information on who you should pick and why.
Ultimately, treatment outcomes can be optimized by choosing a dental specialist, as opposed to a general practitioner, to perform the surgery. One such specialist is a periodontist, whose expertise in gum health carries several advantages for dental implant placement. Dr. Guier is an experienced periodontist who helps patients navigate these tricky waters.
Why Choose a Periodontist for Implants?
A periodontist specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease and oral inflammation, the placement of dental implants, and bone grafting for implants. As specialists, periodontists complete extra years of school to become well versed in these areas and have generally treated more complex cases than many general dentists are capable of treating. Their breadth of experience and knowledge is often unmatched by general dental contemporaries.
When it comes to getting your dental implants placed, you’ll want all the experience that you can get. Having a periodontist perform the surgery means treatment from a professional who enhanced their education and training specifically to take on cases such as yours.
• Focused Care - Periodontists know exactly what to do to prepare patients for dental implants and complete the complex surgical components of your treatment.
• Education - Periodontists inform patients about caring for new implants, what to expect, and what dental implants can do to encourage better oral health.
• Expertise - You’ll receive the highest standard of care with a specialist.
Ensure You Get the Best Care
When seeking a periodontist for implant surgery, consider asking the following to make sure you’re getting the best care possible:
• What is your specialty or area of expertise?
• How much training and experience have you had in dental implant surgery?
• What is your plan for me and why?
You can also ask to see before and after photos of other patients, talk to friends for family members who have undergone the same procedure to gauge their satisfaction, or read online testimonials. If you feel comfortable, talk to the staff at your periodontist’s office to make sure you’re confident overall with the level of experience and service.
Questions? Speak to our Periodontist
If you would like help or more information about dental implant placement at our Shreveport periodontal office, talk to Dr. Guier and his team today. We will lend you our years of experience to ensure you get optimal care, always.